Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Mild Obsession

Hi everyone! I tried the LiveJournal, didn't work out too well, so we're going with a blog! This blog is dedicated to my mildly unhealthy obsession with the clothes from the Twilight series. I'm 22 years old and feel like I'm 12 with this.

I've never been a good dresser. In my freshman and sophomore years of highschool, I did the whole goth thing. It was terrifying. I'm sure I frightened young children. In my junior and senior years of highschool, I dressed like I was going to a very high level business interview every day. Most of the younger students that didn't know who I was, thought I was a student teacher or something. My first couple years of college weren't much better. I went from the too revealing clothes to looking like a bag lady wearing no makeup and wearing clothes that could fit a large family of 5 in them.

When I saw the first Twilight movie, I fell in love. However, I was significantly overweight and there was no way that any of the clothes would fit me. Luckily, this was my inspiration! I tried to find all the clothes that I loved from the movie as I could, bought them in the size I wanted to be, and I worked to fit into them. Almost a year later, I'm 60 pounds down and I love my Bella clothes! Don't worry, I don't descriminate - This may be "Bellatastic" but I definitely have Alice and Rosalie clothes too!

Finally, I'm at a much healthier weight (still have a little to go but I'm happy where I am now) and my wardrobe has much improved! I'll start to post pictures tomorrow. I hope that this blog isn't TOO boring and maybe it will help other Twilighters find the clothes or alternatives they're looking for!

1 comment:

  1. That is really inspiring, congrats on channeling the obsession in such a productive way! I'm hoping to follow through on a similar journey and I've just got my first few bella pieces. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete