Saturday, September 11, 2010

Bella's Makeup - Twilight

Ok so personally, I love Bella's makeup in New Moon the best. I love the DuWop colors - She looks sickly in Twilight - and the colors just really bring out her face. But, I went and got the makeup anyway once I found out what it was. Mistake. Everyone at my office asked me if I was sick on the days I wore her makeup. The colors are great, but not together. It doesn't matter whether you wear a lot or a little makeup during the day, the pinks and browns together bring out every flaw any one has.


Bella's wears MAC eyeshadows in Blanc Type, Flute (No longer available, Girlie is the equivalent), and Wedge - Her lipstick is Benefit Silky Finish Lipstick in Good-to-Go



As you can see from the swatch, the Blanc Type is a very matte cream color. It was used to highlight her brows and in the corner of her eye.
Girlie is a very light pink - I love this color and actually use it with other eyeshadows. It was used in the crease of her eye and partly over the lid.
Wedge is a light earthy brown that was used somewhat in the crease and on the corners of her eye.
All of these eyeshadows can still be purchased at any MAC Store or on their website.
I do really like the Benefit lipstick in Good-To-Go. It's a very light pink/neutral. It was applied very lightly to Bella's lips. It can be purchased here.

Now onto more vampirey things :)


First, everyone needs pale skin.

This powder is definitely white. Careful with it, you could get creepy white.
I got this from an AWESOME website Tish & Snooky's Manic Panic. It's Virgin (White) Pressed Powder.


This was the actual foundation used on the Cullen's in New Moon. It is MAC Face and Body Foundation in White. It shows on MAC's website that this particular color is only used for licensed makeup artists therefore the general public could not order it. I simply called MAC's customer service line and told them what I wanted and that I was not a makeup artist and they processed the order over the phone!



Now, if you're a Cullen, you must sparkle.

It's kind of hard to see but there are definitely sparkles. I can see them without much lighting. I'm afraid to walk outside haha

Next, you'll need vampy lips. Benefit Silky Finish Lipstick in Ms. Behavin was used on the Cullen's in Twilight.





Next, you need to have that "other worldy" glow.


This color is great when used as a highlighter. I use it to define my cheekbones and put a little on my forehead and down my nose for a dewy glow.

This next color is GREAT for a smokey eye.

The white on the left is actually a cream, and the dark pewter on the right is a metallic powder shadow.

Now for a couple more lip options:

This is the original Twilight Lip Venom. It can be purchased through Twilight Beauty or at any Sephora store.




This is the sheerest black. I absolutely love it. The only downside, for me, is that it smells like licorice. Gross. I bought mine at Hot Topic when they had some of the makeup there but I don't think they do anymore.


And FINALLY, one of my faves!

Twilight Scents!!

There is a fantastic seller that did these on Etsy. Their name is essenceoftwilight. Unfortunately, as they've told their buyers, Summit Entertainment apparently actually asked them to stop production of their product. Now they have a new name which is beautyandthebook but they just provide refills, and can't specifically name the products - You have to e-mail them and tell them what you want.
Bella's scent smells just of lavender and freesia as described in the book.
Edward's scent smells like sweet honey, ice, and sun. The lip balm in the middle is Edward's scent and has some sparkle to it!
I also ordered Forks Room Spray and Jacob's scents for a friend and she loves them!




2 comments:

  1. Wow... I thought it was Phloof! that they used... I read Flute was limited edition in 95... is that right? Gross! haha.. That e/s would have been more than ten years old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lip color used on Rosalie was actually 2 different ones. They did not use the Benefit lipstick on her. It was Vincent Longo Lip Stain in Liquid Kiss and Stila Cherry Crush. I have both and LOVE the Vincent Longo one. :o)

    ReplyDelete