Friday, September 10, 2010

First Round

Stitch & Swash Purse



I decided to start with my most prized possession. My purse. I'm definitely a frugalista and could not come to terms with spend $175 on a bag - So I decided to get creative.



I'm so proud of this! It took about 4 hours total. I purchased the bag from Claire's, went to Michael's and got acrylic paint and tracing paper. I blew up the picture of the peacock feather to the size that I wanted, placed the tracing paper on my bag, and then painted within the lines.




Ah, the famous Rubbish Sherpa Jacket from Nordstrom that is nearly impossible to find.

Again, I improvised. I found this brown jacket that is the same material, but has zipper instead of buttons, at Delia's for $39.99. I went to Joann Fabrics and got a half a yard of sherpa, and my boyfriend's wonderful mother lined the hood for me!



O'Neill Morrison Sweater

So soft and comfy, I love it!

Alice's Scarf on fieldtrip in Twilight (upper right hand corner photo)


It was hard to find the exact colors and materials but I tried. Scarves are the only things I know how to knit so it worked out pretty well :)

Of course, the BB Dakota Jacket



Ruth Cross Mittens



I love my mittens SO much!!! I got them from a wonderful seller on Etsy.com Contact KnittingCarnival if you want a pair of these - They're so reasonably priced and she does excellent work!

Alice's Fingerless Gloves - New Moon


I love these too! These were the closest I had found to the movie version (colors, length, etc.) AND they were the most reasonably priced, $18! Go to Etsy.com and contact kelime.
(P.S. I have someone making the replica Zara smock top for me so I will post pics as soon as it's done!)
Also, you can see in the picture to the left Bella's Modern Home Flocked Leaf bedspread. I got mine from Target.com when they were restocked.


Well, I think that's it for today. I have tons more but I wanted to spread it out so I wouldn't just have one blog post :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment